Pre-Primary Transfer Requests
Pre-Primary children within the Chignecto Central Region attend their school, as determined by their defined catchment area. The catchment area is the designated geographical area in which all students residing in attend a specific school.
At Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education (CCRCE), we recognize that sometimes children and parents make a request to attend a school outside of their catchment area. The reasons for this decision can be many. However, no matter the circumstance, a Pre-primary Transfer Request must be completed. The form is an official request for a child’s transfer from one school to another within CCRCE.
Before beginning the transfer process parents, and guardians are encouraged to read our Pre-Primary Transfer Process below. If after reading and understanding the process you choose to move ahead, you can fill out and submit the Pre-Primary Transfer Request Form.
If you have questions about this policy or the Pre-Primary Transfer Request Form, please contact CCRCE Pre-Primary Program Manager, Nicki Beck at 902-890-8413.
Pre-Primary Transfer Process
CCRCE will consider requests from parents (guardians) for a child to transfer to a school outside their home school’s catchment area. We reserve the right to transfer a student in exceptional circumstances, provided it is in the best interest of the child and/or the school. A determining factor in the consideration of a transfer request is the class size and/or the needs of the “receiving” classes.
As Pre-Primary is voluntary program and registration is open year-round we need to leave space to accommodate catchment children registration throughout the year. Acceptance of an out of catchment child cannot result in the need for another staff or classroom.
Acceptance of children through the Pre-Primary Transfer Process is for the Pre-Primary year only. Each child’s home address will determine their home school for Primary Registration the following year.
- The Parent (Guardian) submits a completed Pre-Primary Transfer form to the Manager of Pre-Primary Programs, Nicki Beck. (Click Here)
- Upon receiving the completed Pre-Primary Transfer form, The Pre-Primary Manager will:
- Review the application to ensure that all necessary information is provided.
- Send confirmation of receipt of the transfer to Parent (Guardian).
- Receive and review the Student Transfer
- Approve or deny the transfer
- Advise the parent (guardian) and principal of the decision
Please note: Children that transfer outside of their home school catchment area will need to find alternative transportation to and from their new school. CCRCE does not alter or provide additional bus routes for children who have transferred outside of their home school catchment area.
Timeline for Pre-Primary Transfers
There is no guarantee a transfer request will be approved before the Pre-Primary begins in September. This is because:
- Transfers can only take place if there is room in the receiving class. Please note this does not mean a cap of 24 children. As registration is open year-round we need to leave space to accommodate registration of catchment children throughout the year. Acceptance of an out of catchment child cannot result in the need for another staff or classroom.
- Each new school year, it is difficult to project class numbers and class composition until children arrive within the first few weeks of school. It is after this date we can confirm registration and class composition and assess whether there an opportunity for a Pre-Primary transfer.