Optional French Programs
Registration is Now Open for Optional French Programs
Please note: Paper applications will no longer be accepted. If you are unable to register online, please contact: Jessica Hinton at AllenJ@ccrce.ca or 902-986-2100 or Cheryl Ann Lelievre at LelievreCA@ccrce.ca or 902-301-1976
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, February 18th, 2020
Core French is a compulsory course for all students in Nova Scotia from Grades 4 to 9, as per the Public School Program. Students develop their French oral, reading and writing skills by participating in a variety of French literacy-based learning opportunities for approximately 10% of their instruction.
In addition to the Core French Program, CCRCE also offers the following Optional French Programs for students who wish to spend more time learning in French:
- Early Immersion - Grade Primary Entry Point (approximately 80% of learning time in French)
- Middle Immersion - Grade 4 Entry Point (Celtic Family of Schools only) (approx. 70% of learning time in French)
- Late Immersion - Grade 7 Entry Point (approximately 70% of learning time in French)
- Integrated French - Grade 7 Entry Point (approximately 25-30% of learning time in French)
Where are Optional French Programs offered?
- Early French Immersion: Truro Elementary School, Spring Street Academy, Elmsdale District School and A.G. Baillie Memorial School.
- Middle French Immersion: West Pictou Consolidated.
- Late French Immersion: Redcliff Middle School, Bible Hill Junior High (Grades 8 & 9), Cobequid Educational Centre (Grades 10-12)
- Integrated French Program: Dr. W. A. MacLeod Consolidated (Riverton), E.B. Chandler Junior High (Amherst), Springhill Junior/Senior High (Springhill), Redcliff Middle School (Bible Hill), Truro Junior High School (Truro), Central Colchester Junior High (Onslow), Riverside Education Centre (Milford), South Colchester Academy (Brookfield).
If you would like to learn more about Optional French Programs:
Programs Administrative Assistant
Regional French Consultants
Cheryl Ann LeLièvre
French Math Mentor
Base School – Riverside Education Centre
Core French Literacy/Technology Integration Mentors Grades 4-12
Base School – Hants East Rural High School
Base School – E.B. Chandler Junior HIgh School
French Immersion Literacy Mentor P-9
Base School - A.G. Baillie
Early Literacy French Consultant P-3 and P-6 Immersion Literacy Mentor
For more information on one of our Optional French Programs, please select program level in the right menu.