The Chignecto-Central Regional Centre for Education (CCRCE) is comprised of approximately 2,700 staff, all striving to provide a well-rounded education for almost 20,000 students in grades Primary to 12.
Our region is made up of 67 schools in central and northern Nova Scotia, stretching from the New Brunswick border to the Antigonish County line and from the Northumberland Strait to the Halifax Regional Municipality. Our Regional Executive Director of Education, four directors and four Family of Schools supervisors make-up the CCRCE leadership team. The central administrative office is located at 60 Lorne Street in Truro, Nova Scotia, with Family of Schools offices located in Trenton, Springhill, Truro and Shubenacadie.
We develop independent lifelong learners in a student-centered environment with high expectations for all.
CCRCE System Belief Statements:
- Learning is our priority
- We believe in a growth mindset.
- Schools and worksites must be physically and emotionally safe, supportive, and socially just.
- Learning must be student-centered.
- Learning is a partnership enhanced through relationships among home, school, and community.
- Learning must be culturally responsive.
- All students have the ability to learn and grow.
- Students learn in different ways and require appropriate supports.
- Students need equitable opportunities to succeed.
- Everyone must be cared for and treated with dignity and respect.
Goal 1: Increase student learning.
Goal 2: Provide positive, safe, socially-just learning environments.