It's Science Fair Time!
CCRSB students in grades 4 to 12 recently competed in two regional science fairs. Students in the Nova, Chignecto and Cobequid families of schools participated in the Chignecto West Regional Science Fair, and students in the Celtic Family of Schools participated in the Chignecto East Regional Science Fair. Nine CCRSB students will be attending the Canada-Wide Science Fair being held in Fredericton, New Brunswick from May 14 to 16.
Over 200 students participated between the two regional fairs, with a total of 168 projects.
The students representing CCRSB at the Canada-Wide Science Fair this year are:
Chignecto West Regional Science Fair:
- Feet or Superfeet?, Luke Macmillan, South Colchester Academy
- The Secret to Pumpkin, Viraji Rupasinghe, Bible Hill Junior High School
- Saviour from the Sea, Saisrihari Prithviraj, Bible Hill Junior High School
- A Possible Solution for Ionic Pollution, Kent Smith, Hants East Rural High School
- Alevin!, Chloee Trites, Bible Hill Junior High
Chignecto East Regional Science Fair:
- Can we Prepare, Caitlyn Sandluck, North Nova Education Centre
- Are there differences in how lettuce genotypes respond to light source, John Burns Duynisveld, Pugwash District High School
- Close encounters of the fourth kind, James Lees, Northumberland Regional High School
- Eggs-amining the connection between foraging behavior and egg characteristics, Maria Duynisveld, Pugwash District High School
A full list of winners can be found here: