Excellence In Teaching
Presented by the Nova Scotia Teachers Union and Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education, the Excellence in Teaching Awards is the our esteemed recognition program to acknowledge our outstanding educators who demonstrate creative, innovative and effective teaching.
Every day across our region, we have extraordinary teachers who go above and beyond to inspire our students in creative, innovative and effective ways. The Excellence in Teaching Awards recognizes and celebrates teachers whose dedication to excellence provides our students with the skills necessary to prepare them for life-long learning and success.
The nomination process for Excellence in Teaching Awards for 2020 is now closed.
- Hold a Nova Scotia teaching certificate
- Open to all school-based staff members (including teachers, department heads, and other NSTU staff members)
- Not received an Excellence in Teaching Award in the last five years
1. A nomination for an educator may be initiated by any of the three needed nominations (Parent/Student/Community member, Teacher Colleague or School Administrator).
Fill out the nomination form here.
2. Each nominee must have one nomination from each of the three above categories (Parent/Student/Community member, Teacher Colleague or School Administrator). No individual may complete more than one form in a nominating package and only one form from each category will be accepted.
3. The nomination process will remain confidential. After the Excellence in Teaching Award Selection Committee determines the award recipients, both the award recipients and nominees will be notified.
4. Family members are ineligible to nominate members of their family.
The Excellence in Teaching Selection Committee consists of three NSTU representatives, three CCRCE Education Program staff members and three other CCRCE staff members. NSTU representatives will not select recipients from the area they represent.
Each Award Recipient will receive:
- A certificate of the award
- A keepsake from the event
- $500.00 cheque for the educator’s school to be used to further enrich the educator’s programming.
- Recognition of award for their innovative teaching practices through CCRCE's internal and external communications including local media.
For questions regarding the Excellence in Teaching Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org