Student Bus Information
It’s important to check your school bus information before school starts as there could be changes to bus routes from year to year.
- For a student to be eligible for bus transportation, they must live outside the designated walking distance.
- Elementary Schools- Students living 1.6 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus.
- Middle/High Schools- Students living 2.4 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus.
- Some of our students have special permission to access buses or bus stops outside of their bus eligibility within CCRCE called, Courtesy Busing. In order to be considered for Courtesy Busing, students must also fit within the Courtesy Busing regulations. For additional information, please visit http://www.ccrce.ca/ccrsb-policy-manual-operational-services-transportation
- All student information is pulled from PowerSchool. Please verify your civic address and student date of birth is up-to-date and accurate.
- If you are moving to a new address over the summer months, please update your information in PowerSchool, contact your school (after August 19) or contact our Transportation staff.
About Bus Planner
Bus Planner is an online system that will allow schools and families to view busing information for students such as bus eligibility, bus stop locations, and bus pick up /drop off times.
How to Access Bus Planner
- You will need your Student ID Your child’s student ID can be found in PowerSchool or on your child’s report card. If you need help accessing your child’s student ID, please contact your school after August 19.
- Visit https://studentbussing.ccrce.ca with your student’s ID number.
- Click Parent Portal on the bottom of the navigation list
- Enter your student’s ID number, student’s birthday, your home street number, and your school.
A few things to consider:
- All student information is pulled from PowerSchool. Please verify that your civic address is up-to-date and accurate.
- If you experience an invalid sign-in, please contact your child’s school to check PowerSchool information on the following:
- Date of Birth
- Civic Number
- Student ID
• If you have a question about Bus Planner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For general transportation questions, please contact your nearest bus garage:
• Colchester County: 902-896-5767
• Cumberland County: 902-661-2533
• East Hants County: 902-758-4614
Please note: Bus Planner is currently only available for families in Colchester County, Cumberland County and the Municipality of East Hants. Pictou County will be the final county within our Bus Planner rollout.